Full moon meditations

Apr 19, 1994 03:35 PM
by Arvind Kumar

> Would it be possible for Jerry and Arvind to describe their
> experiences of full moon meditations?  As some of the other members
> of the network may also have been to full moon meditations, it might
> be of interest to see how closely the activities match in content.

Hi Brenda/Jerry H-E/ Jim M. and everyone on th,

I have participated in several full moon meditations organized
by various Bailey groups. My experience has been generally
very uplifting.  There is a lot of warmth and goodwill
present on these occasions.

I should point out that Bailey has predicted that the
twelve periods of full moon during the
calendar year will eventually become 'the twelve spiritual
festivals', celebrated by all of humanity, when the new
world religion based on invocation and evocation becomes
a reality.  And Humanity has the power to determine as to
when that happens, for it will come about 'when men
themselves have pulled down the separating walls and
have removed the barriers between man and man, nation
and nation, religion and religion, and race and race."

Your attitude when you go to attend these festivals
determines how much you 'get out of them'!  For me, I
never have experienced what people call a 'subjective,
inner state' where you work with an 'inner group'
consciously (as described for example in AAB's biography
or by CWL in 'Masters and the Path' in the part
describing the famous ceremony in the Himalayas on the
occasion of Wesak).  What I have experienced is a sort
of inner alignment, a feeling of joy/contentedness and
an assurance that 'all is ok with this world!'

I should also mention that it is recommended in
the Bailey books that there be no 'socialization' on these
occasions; there is no food served.  People come together
at an appointed time, do the work of meditation
according to an outline recommended by Bailey, and go back
in peace and quiet.

There are several groups in the Dallas/Fortworth area that
engage in full moon/new moon meditations.
Jim Meier had asked me for the address of a local place
in D/FW area where such meetings take place, and I am
giving it here:

The School of Ageless Wisdom,  6005 Royal Oak Drive,
Arlington TX 76016.  Phone : 817 654 1018 (Metro)
Contact : Gloria Crook

You can also get on the mailing list for Gloria's
monthly newsletter called 'Cycles' which focuses on
the 'energies' coming through at the time of the particular
full moon for that month.

I myself have been doing my full/new moon 'meditations'
by myself at my home.  For full moon, I put on a video
prepared by Lucis Trust, which lasts for 30-45 minutes and then
I follow the outline of meditation provided by Lucis.  It is
a period when I consciously direct my thoughts towards
concepts that deal primarily with the bringing about of
increased goodwill, love and peace on Earth.

I am also reproducing below an item that I saw on
talk.religion,newage for those who may be interested.

Fraternally,
Arvind