Who has HPB/theosophy influenced?

Apr 04, 1994 11:44 AM
by Jessica L. Coker

          4/2/94

          This is a question from Nancy --

                  Are there any present-day famous folks who are
                  theosophists or who publicly acknowledge the
                  influence of HPB/theosophy?

          I will be on a panel for White Lotus Day and my assignment
          is the visible influence of HPB.  I would like
          to mention modern names or movements to add to the listing
          in the Cranston Bio.  Einstein, Edison, Ghandi, Yeats, AE,
          etc. are all very impressive (also old) --  are there 1990's
          movers and shakers to add to the list?  I had heard a
          rumor about the Gorbachevs being interested but don't
          know where to begin to track it down.  Any actors?  Best
          selling authors?  Nobel Prize Winners? Singers?  Politicians?
                  I plan to shamelessly name-drop as our local members
          probably don't have a sense how influential HPB has been.

          HELP PLEASE.  Thanks.

          Nancy

Paul:  I think Michael may be out of the country for a while, but
You can try to reach him  thru his relatives:
     3315 University Ave
     Des Moines  IA  50311-2301

Nancy