psychology

Feb 18, 1994 09:38 AM
by Jessica L. Coker

This is from Nancy:

Paul,

Thanks for your posting about the Protean Self and the Fundamentalis
Self.  This is sure a breath of fresh air.  I am good and tired of
the Co-dependent model which articulates <sick> behavior endlessly

 Abut spends much less time on describing <healthy> behavior.

Helping out as a community mediator has really exposed me to situations
where I had to let go of my own mental constructs about how the world
should be, or how people should act, and just BE with the people who
were angry and stuck.  You never know how it will end or where the
conversations will go.  I have to keep reminding myself to breathe, but
I am learning to withstand the tension of not knowing, of not being
an authority etc etc.  There are few rules to hold on to, and they
constantly change.  I agree with what you once mentioned to me, that
it is so odd that HPB who was the ultimate heretic, often gets cast as
the ultimate authority,  She who ranted against authorities, is
endlessly quoted to prove a point.

It reminds me of something I read once, that rather than follow the
finger pointing, we suck it for comfort.

Let's take theosophy to the streets!!!!

What is the title of the book that describes the two Selves ?

Bye.

Nancy