Re: a moral consciousness of good and evil

Jan 09, 1994 02:26 AM
by pplasto

Hi,

I found this..I like poetry too Andrew!!

Milan (at Santa Maria della Grazie's):
For the Last Supper in the refectory
Leonardo sought a model for Him.
The choir-boy from the cathedral, very
Suggestive of grace, firm of face and limb,
Clear of line and colour...yes, he would do.
Lime, water, umber, ultramarine blue.
Rome (another time, another painting):
For the face of Judas, he scoured the belly
Of alleys and found one, vice-lined.  Swore
His sitter: 'I'm Pietro Bandinelli...'
he strained his breath.  'I've sat for you before...'
As nervous as at his vocation, theft.
The artist smiled. 'Turn a bit to your left.'

R.P.Dickey, 'Leonardo da Vinci.....A Legend'

I hope this is clearer,

Paddy