Dhyan Chohans etc.

Dec 27, 1993 01:44 PM
by Arvind Kumar

Jerry S.

Here are some follow-up thoughts on your response to my questions.

Best Regards

> Arvind.  I would not go so far as to say that "all disease
> happens on the mental or astral levels first."  Ken Wilber wrote
> an excellent article last year in New Age Magazine about this
> saying that this belief leads to guilt and doesn't help anyone
> very much.  He also gives examples where it isn't true.  For
> example, if you become exposed to radioactive material, you can
> get cancer no matter how "good" your thinking is.  Of course, I
> believe that karma must be added to the equation somewhere as
> well.  The fact is, you can get disease from physical causes and
> not just from mental or astral causes.  But, perhaps, this itself
> is your karma?

I think this may be 'semantics'.  Karma itself is generated on the
mental plane (by thoughts) and not on the physical plane, at least
that is my understanding.  The physical plane can be regarded as an
effect rather than a cause only by making the assumption that no
physical action by itself is the cause of further action; exposure to
radio-active material causing disease (in the example that you give)
may be due to (a) Previous Karma and (b) wrong expectancy (negative
thoughts result in negative results).

> You seem to be confusing the planes in what you said.  "Does this
> mean that I have already sent this message on the Astral, or
> (hopefully) Mental plane?"  Yes.  You sent it out on the mental
> plane when you thought it.  "Does this discussion group exist on
> the Mental plane?"  Let me answer by saying that all of our minds
> exist on the mental plane and nowhere else.  Only our physical
> bodies are located on and limited to Globe D on the physical
> plane.

It will be great to participate in this group activity on the mental
plane, in full consciousness of the mental plane (surroundings etc.)!
I see your point that we are constantly experiencing mental plane
activity/ communication without realizing it as such.

> Our "true nature" is not a "Dhayan" Chohan.  As we evolve, we
> will progress from the human kingdom to that of the Dhyani
> Chohans (who reside above the lower four cosmic planes), but that
> will be as illusive as the human and animal and all of the rest.
> I firmly believe that we are, in our very inner essence, a divine
> monad - a spark of divinity.  All of the other monads that
> theosophical literature talks about are temporary and
> mayavic.  For example, we have a "human monad," but this is only
> on Globe D and thus it is temporary and will dissipate like mist
> on the day that we recognise our true nature.  Our true nature is
> divine, which is one step up from the spiritual.  We have a monad
> on each cosmic plane, but only the divine is eternal and
> infinite, the others all being its expression.

Another abstruse subject.  Over the weekend, I read ch XI Part III
Book I of HPB's SD, and starting on p. 571 (original facsimile edition)
there is a lot given on Dhayan Chohans and Monads.  Here is a
reproduction from p. 619 of the same reference:

"The Monads (Jivas) are the Souls of the Atoms, both are the fabric in
which the Chohans (Dhyanis, gods) cloth themselves when a form is
needed (Eastern Catechism)."

I also enjoyed reading Eldon's comments in "A beautiful Picture
Emerging" on this.