Re: childhood

Dec 03, 1993 07:59 AM
by Jessica L. Coker

This is to Jerry S from Nancy

I support that statement fully -- we are condemned to repeat
unconsciously that which we don't get conscious of.  This is
why astrology has been so helpful to me, I get clues from
it that only an expensive therapist might have also seen.  Wasn't
it Jung who said that we don't solve problems as much as outgrow them?
Also, that the duty of the child is to resolve all the crap that
their parents' didn't deal with.  The more aware I can get of my
own stuff, the less chance I will pass my garbage down to my kid.  This
information really motivated me to start dealing with my depressions
in a deeper way.  Fascinating stuff isn't it?     Nancy