deeper understandings to come

Oct 19, 1993 10:02 AM
by eldon

Jerry S:

Some stray comments on the Monad ...

Two objects cannot be in the same place at the same time. But when we
say this, we're talking about two globe D physical-plane objects,
according to the *current* behavior of physical matter. Two waves can
be in the same place at the same time, to pass through each other.
Special waves, called solitons (I hope I have the spelling right!)
can pass through each other on the ocean, then pull apart intact,
because they have an on-going process of self-feedback that keeps
themselves intact. Astral objects can pass through each other. And
perhaps at some other point in earth's mineral evolution physical
objects could pass through each other as well.

Being in the same location in space, manifesting with an identical
physical form, behaving in an identical manner, all are possible,
to an approximate degree.

At the most objective level of consciousness, there is a distinct
sense of subject and object, a sense of myself and the other. Another
level of experience is in being totally absorbed in the current
situation, still a particular situation, but no sense of me and the
other. The highest level of experience is in being part of the
universal drama of life, with no sense of particular selfhood or
participating in a particular situation. These are all three *modes
of experiencing life*, and do not have to involve the loss of one's
participating in an objective material, particular situation. You
could be standing in front of me and we are talking, and you could
be experiencing life in any one of the three modes.

I would say that even in the dharmakaya mode of consciousness, the
highest, where everything is experienced as unified, and even if one
were functioning solely in a formless, unmanifest state of being, that
althought the sense of separateness has been lost to one's experience,
the fact of separateness has not been lost. There is a paradox of the
unity of life and the external separation of the multitude of life.
Either facet can be experienced in one's consciousness, but the
paradox is not resolved and does not go away, no matter how high and
deep within one goes, for there are still higher and deeper
understandings and experiencings of life to come ...

                           Eldon Tucker
                           eldon@netcom.com