my fault on the theos-l glitch.

Aug 29, 1993 10:43 AM
by John Mead

Hi --

It appears that when I switched Don's (added a new one) address
I had an invalid one (my typing error).  Hence the List died on the
invalid address.
sorry.  This is a good example as to why it is better to
have the actual user send the subscribe and/or signoff commands.

Don --

The WINCODE sounds like a good idea.  Is it UUENCODE Compatible?
When I get~r to Charlotte,  I'll get a copy and see
if it is.   I'll check for a DOS version too.

Why don't you put the TheosHelp file in the Newage Library? (too)

So far things are going great at the Parliament!  I hope Louise will
send a report.  I'm not too good at that sort of thing.

Jay's address has become invalid???  has anyone else been
able to reach him?  maybe the school dropped his name from
the uwwvax.uww.edu computer?  I may have his phone
number at home.  I'll call him when I get back to Charlotte.

We should have a few new people on Theos-l in a couple of weeks.
I made some conections in Olcott.

The other thing is that I found that America Online can get
Internet mail.  This may affect Bob Murdic??
Would you (Bob) rather have your mail go to your AOL.com
address??  I think it is cheaper.

Don --- thanks for the information on alternate Internet
e-mail approaches.

Take Care

John Mead